Run the equator: Blogger technical ramblings

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Blogger technical ramblings

One thing that's missing in Blogger is the ability to track comments and to respond to them. I've left quite a few comments on other bloggers' pages and the only way to figure out if they responded to them is to visit those pages again - if I still remember the URL... As a receiver of a comment, I have the reverse problem - when somebody leaves a comment and I respond to it, I would like the commentator to receive some sort of notification, preferably in an email. Instead, the only thing I can do is leave a comment to my own post, not knowing if the other person would come back to my page and check if I said anything in response. I don't know if Google is working on this issue, but I very much wish they did so.

In this respect, Livejournal.com is the uncontested winner.

No comments: